Family Services Support Coordinator Paralegal
The Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Family Services Coordinator Paralegal in the Office of Case Management. The coordinator/paralegal is responsible for assisting the Family Law DCM Judge and Family Law Administrator with the day to day operations of the Office of Case Management. The position is primarily responsible for:
- Managing several of the Court’s family service provider panels, including recruiting and evaluating panel members, responding to provider inquiries, etc.
- Evaluating current and future family services programs, making recommendations and implementing changes, as needed
- Reviewing and managing cases in compliance with the Family Law Differentiated Case Management (DCM) Plan Drafting orders
- Conducting legal research
- Attending quarterly meeting of the Administrative Office of the Courts’ Department of Juvenile and Family Services
- Conducting and facilitating trainings for the bench, bar, and panel members.
- Drafting appropriate orders
- Reviewing and preparing cases for family law pretrial settlement conferences, DCM show cause hearings, and other hearings. Assisting judges with family law pretrial settlement conferences
- Creating and updating Court forms
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgment, tact, diplomacy, and competence in dealing with judges, court personnel, attorneys and the public
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Knowledge of legal procedure for domestic cases filed in the Circuit Courts of Maryland
- Familiarity with legal terminology, forms, and pleadings
This a full-time contractor position with partial county benefits, including health insurance, paid annual and sick leave, and some retirement benefits. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references in a SINGLE PDF by 4:30 p.m. on July 25, 2018, to: