Alternative Dispute Resolution Coordinator Paralegal
The Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Coordinator Paralegal. The ADR Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations of the Court’s ADR programs for civil cases (domestic, non-domestic, and foreclosure). In addition, the ADR Coordinator serves as a resource for litigants, attorneys, and ADR panel members. The position reports to the Civil and Criminal Case Administrator and the Family Law Administrator.
The position is responsible for:
- Reviewing cases for appropriateness for ADR and drafting orders assigning cases to ADR.
- Evaluating parenting plans created as a result of Court ordered ADR.
- Tracking and closely monitoring cases throughout the ADR process, including data entry into Access Database and Excel, preparing and maintaining quarterly and fiscal statistical records relating to the ADR program, and generating related reports and analysis.
- Coordinating, scheduling, and facilitating ADR sessions.
- Evaluating and implementing improvements to the ADR programs.
- Monitoring ADR programs and providers for performance, efficiency, and compliance with relevant Court policies and procedures, applicable laws, and ADR standard operating procedures.
- Recruiting new ADR providers to serve on the Court’s panels.
- Planning annual ADR training programs and other sessions to increase Court volunteer panel members.
- Facilitating the foreclosure ADR docket and assisting volunteer panel members.
- Managing the ADR grant, including writing the annual application, quarterly reports, and year-end report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Access is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Ability to accurately prepare and summarize a variety of statistics, records, reports, and other documents.
- Knowledge of Maryland Circuit Court legal procedure for non-domestic and domestic civil cases filed in the Circuit Courts of Maryland.
- Familiarity with Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Familiarity with the Maryland foreclosure process and related Rules, laws, and regulations is preferred.
The position is a full-time contractor position funded by a grant from the Maryland Judiciary’s Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office. The position is the equivalent to a grade 12 and includes health insurance, paid leave, and some retirement benefits.