Land Records Department
Land Records Department: 410-222-1425
Telephone Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Walk in Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Our Mailing Address:
Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
ATTN: Land Records Department
8 Church Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Land Records Department of the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, is dedicated to ensuring that all persons with legitimate business before the Land Records office will have access to public records. The Land Records department is accountable for the preservation and integrity of all instruments that pertain to Real Property, such as, Deeds, Mortgages/Deeds of Trust, Releases of Mortgages/Deeds of Trust, Subdivision/Condominium Plats, Homeowners Depository records, etc.
- Verified Land Records instruments can be viewed online at https://www.mdlandrec.net
- Plats can be viewed online at: https://www.plats.net
- Contact the Maryland State Archives Help Desk at 410-260-6487 for questions regarding mdlandrec.net and plats.net.
Our research room is offered in a library setting where all records are available to the public through a variety of media from hardbound books to digital images. Information is obtained by self-research and copies are readily available for a fee. The Clerk’s Office is prohibited by law from providing legal assistance or performing title searches.
Individual surveys and site plans are not available in the Land Records office.
It is recommended that you check with a Title Company or Real Estate Attorney regarding county or state statutes that may apply prior to recording.
Military Discharge records may also be recorded with the Land Records office.
Fees: Checks are payable to Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Recording fees are $10.00 for a release 9 pages or less.
- $20.00 for any other instrument 9 pages or less if it involves solely a principal residence.
- $75.00 for any other instrument 10 pages or more.
- $40.00 surcharge is assessed on all instruments except for Powers of Attorney and plats.
- State Transfer Tax is calculated at the rate of ½ of 1% of the consideration.
- Homeowners Depository fees are $50.00 for the initial filing and $5.00 per page with a maximum of $25.00 for Homeowners Depository amendments.
- Plats recorded in the plat records are $25.00 per set which includes one original and two black line photo process copies all measuring 18 x 24 inches.
- Please be sure to include a mailing address on each instrument presented for recording and allow approximately 4 weeks for the return of your original document.
Recording Process for Deeds
All deeds must pass through a three to four step process. If your property is located within the Annapolis City limits, then you must first take the deed to City Hall and complete steps 1 thru 4. If property is in Anne Arundel County, complete steps 2 to 4.
- Step 1: (City of Annapolis Property Only) City Hall, 160 Duke of Gloucester Street, Annapolis, MD Phone: 410-263-7953
If the property is not located within the Annapolis City limits, complete steps 2 to 4:
- Step 2: Tax Office, Arundel Center, 44 Calvert Street, 1st Floor, Annapolis, MD Phone 410-222-1144
- Step 3: Office of Finance, Arundel Center, 44 Calvert Street Room 14, Annapolis, MD Phone 410-222-1368
- Step 4: Record at the Land Records desk in the Clerk's Office, 8 Church Circle, Annapolis, MD Phone: 410-222-1425
- Please note that all Deeds presented for recording must be accompanied by a State of Maryland Land Record Intake Sheet, which may be downloaded at https://www.mdcourts.gov.
- To request a copy of a recorded document thru the mail you must provide us with the current book and page number and the total number of pages to be copied. The cost is 50 cents per page. To request a copy in person, the property owners name and/or the property address will be helpful.