Judgments and Liens
Land Records Department 410-222-1425
Telephone Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Walk in Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Our Mailing Address:
Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
ATTN: Land Records Department
8 Church Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Land Records Department of the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, is dedicated to ensuring that all persons with legitimate business before the Land Records office will have access to public records including Judgments and Liens.
The Land Records department is accountable for the preservation and integrity of Judgments and Liens as well as all instruments that pertain to Real Property, such as, Deeds, Mortgages/Deeds of Trust, Releases of Mortgages/Deeds of Trust, Subdivision/Condominium Plats, Homeowners Depository records, etc.
Our research room is offered in a library setting where all records are available to the public through a variety of media from hardbound books to digital images. Information is obtained by self-research and copies are readily available for a fee. The Clerk’s Office is prohibited by law from providing legal assistance or performing title searches.
- Information regarding liens or judgments can be found on the case search website: http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/
- To verify or make payment arrangements for a Maryland State Tax lien, please call the Office of the Comptroller @ 410-260-7626.
- To verify or make payment arrangements for a Federal Tax Lien, please call the Internal Revenue Service @ 1-800-829-1040.
- To verify or make payment arrangement for a District Court Judgment, please contact District Court @ 410-260-1800.
- To request a copy of a recorded lien through the mail, the book and page number or case number must be provided. The cost is 50 cents per page.