Uncontested Divorce Hearings
Uncontested Divorce Hearings Before A Standing Examiner
At the bottom of this page is a list of the Standing Examiners for the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County. After a Complaint for Limited or Absolute Divorce has been filed with the Court and an uncontested Answer has been filed, you must contact one of the Standing Examiners to set up an appointment for the taking of testimony. Once you have made your appointment, please follow the instructions below to prepare for your hearing.
Instructions for scheduling uncontested Divorce Hearing before a Standing Examiner:
Once you have called one of the Standing Examiners on the list below, you must comply with the following:
- Send a letter notifying the Defendant of the hearing date, time and location. (sample letter - pdf requires Adobe Acrobat) The letter must be sent by first class mail to the Defendant's last known address at least seven days before the date of the hearing.
(NOTE: do not send this letter by certified mail). A copy of the letter must be brought to the hearing or the hearing will not take place.
- You must bring a witness to the hearing (not your spouse), who has knowledge of the following:
- You and/or your spouse have been a resident of the State of Maryland for more than one year prior to filing your complaint;
- You and your spouse lived together as husband and wife prior to your separation;
- The date of your separation and the circumstances of the separation;
- You and your spouse have lived separate and aprt, without cohabitation, since the date of your separation
- Bring a copy of your marriage certificate to the hearing or have your witness corroborate your marriage;
- The fee for the hearing is $150.00. Check with the individual Standing Examiner's office when you schedule your hearing to identify the proper form of payment.
NOTICE: Please be aware that the Standing Examiner Fee will be increased from $150.00 to $200.00 effective January 1, 2016.
Request for Waiver of Examiner Fee (requires adobe acrobat)
For more information, please contact the Family Law Division at 410-222-1113.
Standing Examiners for the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
Penelope S. Dart
974 Annapolis Road
Gambrills, MD 21054
Frank C. Gray, Jr.
7310 Ritchie Hwy., Suite 900
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Ronald M. Naditch
49 Cornhill Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Paula J. Peters
1410 Forest Drive, #27
Annapolis, MD 21403
Gregory L. Stephenson
791 Aquahart Road
Glen Burnie, MD 21061